Google Should Make More Nest Displays Like Amazon’s Echo Show Devices

 

I have installed the original Google home in my bathroom and sprinkled some Nest Minis around my Apartment. Besides these Google products, my favorite is the first-generation Nest Hub display that I put on my bedside table. It is a digital clock of perfect size and versatile enough to perform most of my smart home things. Even with the bigger Nest Hub Max and the newer Nest Hub (2nd gen), I feel Google’s smart display lineup lacks much, and I wish Google would launch an upgraded range of first-party devices soon.

I wish Google would launch upgraded first-party devices to compete successfully with Amazon. I feel jealous of the new version of Amazon’s Echo Show devices. Amazon keeps launching new versions of Echo Show devices with cool displays and features. For instance, the new Echo Show 15 looks like something I would love to put on my wall.

But I have no interest in Amazon’s smart home ecosystem because I am committed to Google Assistant. I love Google assistant as it integrates well with my smartphone, smartwatch, and though Amazon has done a great job with Alexa, it doesn’t vibe with me. Even I have Alexa-powered speakers, but I seldom use them. I have good commands at my various Nest speakers but can’t ignore the incredible features of Amazon’s Echo show devices. The tech analyst notes the difference between the companies and their smart display approaches. They found Google is focused on the cheaper and more accessible Nest Mini.

Google and Amazon use their touchscreen smart speakers for AI assistance, IoT control, and music. According to a tech analyst Amazon is more aggressive with the Echo Show as it has stepped further into video calls, entertainment, and home security while exploring new form factors.

Amazon uses Alexa Together and family information hub on the Echo Show and makes tailor-made devices for the home. These Amazon devices follow you around and keep track of your whole family. Amazon is expanding the Echo Show device features to its Fire TV.

It has recently announced Smart Dashboard, and Alexa Shortcuts features on Fire TV. Google is also improving its Assistant’s features, and capabilities as its products are designed for video calls, entertainment, and home security. Google seems to be more focused on the quality of AI and not the quality it puts out. Google is not a hardware-focused company, however, recent devices like the excellent Nest Audio speaker and Pixel 6 prove the company is changing.

Only Google may be assertive and creative with the first-party displays as there is no one else to do so. Renowned companies like Lenovo and Facebook also work in the smart display space. When Amazon came out with the new Astro robot, I wished to google made this, and whenever Amazon kept on launching its Echo Show series devices.

Source: https://marcowebportal.wordpress.com/2021/12/24/google-should-make-more-nest-displays-like-amazons-echo-show-devices/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Simple Guide on Downloading Instagram Reels with Audio on Android

HP DeskJet 2732 All-In-One Printer: Review [2023 Edition]

How to Solve Video Scheduler not working on your Windows 10 PC